I had an errand to run today that couldn't wait. Mike and I both went on this errand thinking we could be back before Brandon and Todd got off the bus from school. Well, as you might guess, we didn't make it back in time. We were three minutes late. We passed the bus one street over from ours. I didn't panic too much. The boys know where the spare key is stashed outside. I figured they'd be in the house with their coats and boots already off. Alas...they were bouncing up and down out in the cold waiting for us. Brandon couldn't get the key to work- must have had some ice or dirt frozen to it. Brandon told us that they tried every door but couldn't get in. Then he suggested they climb into Dad's truck, which was here, and hit the garage door opener that's fastened to the visor. Then they could head into the house that way. Wow, we thought. That's pretty clever. We congratulated Brandon for thinking of that. Then we asked why they hadn't done it and were still outside freezing when we got home. Did we show up before they could put the plan into action? No. Todd told Brandon that that wouldn't work. He said, "We need Mom's permission to open the garage door."
Friday, December 5, 2008
Sweet Obedience
I had an errand to run today that couldn't wait. Mike and I both went on this errand thinking we could be back before Brandon and Todd got off the bus from school. Well, as you might guess, we didn't make it back in time. We were three minutes late. We passed the bus one street over from ours. I didn't panic too much. The boys know where the spare key is stashed outside. I figured they'd be in the house with their coats and boots already off. Alas...they were bouncing up and down out in the cold waiting for us. Brandon couldn't get the key to work- must have had some ice or dirt frozen to it. Brandon told us that they tried every door but couldn't get in. Then he suggested they climb into Dad's truck, which was here, and hit the garage door opener that's fastened to the visor. Then they could head into the house that way. Wow, we thought. That's pretty clever. We congratulated Brandon for thinking of that. Then we asked why they hadn't done it and were still outside freezing when we got home. Did we show up before they could put the plan into action? No. Todd told Brandon that that wouldn't work. He said, "We need Mom's permission to open the garage door."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Got to love the children...they could teach us a great amount of things, huh?
We miss you all...how are you? How is the job going and such. Has the economy tightened the already hard times for you both?
We sure love you.
Cherie and Jeff
Such sweet boys. Maybe they could come and teach the rest of us a little bit about obedience.
I really love reading your posts.
Love ya!
Kathleen
That is so sweet! I only hope our kids will be so good!
Todd is so sweet!
Post a Comment