It takes a lot to get Lyds to sit still long enough to do her hair. Usually it takes lots of cheerios or tiny tiny rubber bands to keep her hands busy while I attempt the unthinkable. And then, she just yanks it all out. This do stayed for a long time. She was so beautiful!
Side view of the miraculous hairdo!
One of the first places we visited at the zoo was the African Journey. This portion of the zoo was recently remodeled and an sky-ride was put in. Ethan and I shared a seat overlooking the African veldt. He was so cute and unafraid of the 50 foot drop below us. But of course that's our Ethan- fearless as always.
The older two brothers, however, were not quite so fearsome on this sky-ride. They sat with their shoulders tense and hiked up to their ears, heads facing straight forward, and feet stiff as a board.
Check out the tongue on that Giraffe! I was waiting here to take a picture of Lydia, wanting to capture a memorable reaction to her first encounter with a giraffe. Instead, I caught a startled Grandma!
Ethan and Todd pause to take a rest in a tent on the African Journey.
Big brother, taking baby girl by the hand through the Kangaroos in the Australian Adventure.
Lydia and Grandma watch the sea lions play in the water.
Ethan's greatest desire while at the zoo was to ride the ponies. He hopped onto this tiny little thing and rode like a true cowboy. I think I even heard a little "Yeehaww!"
Brandon takes a break in his rainforest garb.
Ethan winds down in the Rainforest. It's nearly time for a nap.
Lydia at the end of the big Zoo day. She's still beautiful even with sunscreen in her hair, applesauce covering her chin, dirt and cookies ground into her white dress, and yes, only remnants of that lovely hairdo. Perfect ending to a perfect day.
2 comments:
You got so many good pictures! What a good day! Thanks so much for sharing!
I love these pictures. Your kids are just so cute. I love being their aunt.
Post a Comment