Monday, August 4, 2008

It's an Ethan Day


Last night we had three extra kiddos staying with us. So, three extras plus four of our own equals... tons of fun, mounds of snacks, all kinds of playful noises, fits of laughter, and a blown bed time. After several trips to the two bedrooms to attempt to quiet the masses, Mike stepped in with his booming voice. (I often turn to the big voice of Dad when other motherly methods of persuasion fail) So, Mike booms several commands into the darkness as all of us are laying in our beds and sleeping bags attempting to sleep. "No talking," he says. "Go to sleep," he says. And yet, still we hear this little snickering laugh coming from the boys' bedroom. "No giggling," Mike booms. Then, out of the darkness we hear, "I'm not giggling, Daddy. I'm smiling."

I just love it when Ethan comes up to me as he tilts his head to the side and says, "Mommy, I didn't just eat my boogies." I'll look at him and say, "Oh, really?" Then Ethan grins, his eyes shifting suspiciously to the side. "Well, OK. I did eat my boogies." Oh, goodie.

1 comment:

The Casa Hunt said...

I hope Ethan is using his patented nose pickers to get those boogers!!!