I want you to look very closely and always remember that this is what happens when you give a boy a garden hose.
I'm in love with mud,
It's sad, I know, but true.
I just can't help but splash in it,
Or stomp a path right through.
It's sticky and it's dirty,
And it covers all my clothes.
But when I see it lying there,
A voice inside me grows...
...You can't resist, you know I'm right,
It's fun to play in mud!
Look at it just sitting there,
I really think you should!
I splatter in the grimy gloop,
I can't resist the ooze!
I run, I jump, I stamp about,
It drips into my shoes!
©2003 Gareth Lancaster
It's sad, I know, but true.
I just can't help but splash in it,
Or stomp a path right through.
It's sticky and it's dirty,
And it covers all my clothes.
But when I see it lying there,
A voice inside me grows...
...You can't resist, you know I'm right,
It's fun to play in mud!
Look at it just sitting there,
I really think you should!
I splatter in the grimy gloop,
I can't resist the ooze!
I run, I jump, I stamp about,
It drips into my shoes!
©2003 Gareth Lancaster
Mud and boys just go together. Throw in a couple of toads (see them there in Ethan's clutches) and that's perfection.
Mmmm. Yeah. Ethan's new buddy- the toad.
And here's the prewash/powerwash which was followed up with the actual wash and rinse cycles. Alas, we're still pulling mud out of their ears and noses.
Ethan didn't like the prewash/powerwash so much.
4 comments:
Sarah, I have to say you have a beautiful way of writing. Your expressions are clear and the flow is sublime. It's a pleasure reading your blog. Your boys are wonderful, but you know that already. Cherie and I love your family so much. Your little Lydia is growing as well. She is becoming even more beautiful (if that is possible)! The pictures are all adorable. Even though I'm writing to this particular entry, I read them all and looked at all the pictures. You have the kind of family Cherie and I had dreamed of having. It's so wonderful seeing it happen before us. Thank you. Give everyone our love. Have a great Labor Day weekend. Yours, Jeff
Oh. . . my. . .goodness. . .those are three healthy little boys and one heapin' large amount of mud! I can't wait to see Lydia right out there in the middle of the action soon:) C
The pictures are priceless!
What a fun day for the boys.
I have to say that may be not just boy traits but Skinner traits as well! (although when our dad caught us, he wasn't spraying us off...may not have been as calm either. ;) ) Just think what beautiful skin they are all going to have!
Post a Comment